Wednesday 13 July 2016

WOYWW

The weeks seem to fly by don't they - here we are again baring all, on our work tables, for WOYWW.
And today I am baring all in more ways than one!


Having finished knitting my twiddlemitts I had a request to try "Knitting Knockers". Apparently they are in demand and can be used by new mums to get the idea of breast feeding and also they are used by breast cancer survivors. They certainly make a soft, light little boob.
I found a pattern that can be knitted on two needles so I gave it a go.
I am not totally convinced but will probably try a few other methods before I give up.

Having made a few little inchie pendants for Maxine last week - I thought I would share a couple of them with you...

She will of course run with the idea and create some little inchie works of art. I just enjoyed playing with tiny scraplets of dumfing and stitches.

Well, that's it for this week.
I am on Ben duty again today so I need to organise some fun activities. Although, if yesterday is anything to go by - he will be happy with a walk to see the huge diggers on the building site.

So, enjoy a quick snoop at my crafty fun.
If you want to join in then just share your workdesk with us by linking up over on Lunch Lady Jan's fabric Frenzy! 

Have a good week.
Thanks for calling by and for your lovely comments.

x Jo

16 comments:

Kathyk said...

Hey there Happy WOYWW

Not sure I "get" the idea of new mums and knitted knockers but hey .. they look cute and so do your inchies

Kathyk
#16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your knockers are certainly very 'perky' today 😃😃 I'm so glad I'm not the only one with an aversion to knitting with more than two needles. I will never knit a pair of socks...ever! Those inchie pendants are gorgeous, I don't think I'd have the patience to do that....
Hugs, LLJ xxx
Ps the building site walks are win-win...diggers for Ben, eye candy for you 😉

Neet said...

Enjoy your digger walk.
Love the pendants - inchies you have done - am sure dd will love making them too.
Not quite sure how the knockers work - think I need to have a diagram drawn LOL.
Hugs, Neet 10 xxx

Annie said...

I never thought I'd say this but your boobs are looking perky today Jo! :-) I really love the pendants and am certain they will be a huge hit with the customers.
Hugs,
Annie x

jill said...

Well you live & learn . I've never heard of the knitted knockers, but ha if it works keep knitting .
Happy woyww Jill #7

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Twiglet, love the knitted Knocker idea. I remember Mary Anne was doing them back last year. She may have a different pattern for them? Here is her blog addy, I haven't seen her on WOYWW for a while: https://scrappystickyinkymess.wordpress.com/
The pendants are awesome, what a fab idea. I'm sure Maxine was really pleased with them. Great idea. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6 xxx

Sharon said...

Love the inchies! Beautiful. Knitted Knockers how funny lol. Now you have me curious as to how they help.

Have a great week
Sharon K #34

buterfliecrafter said...

those inchies are adorable. True, sometimes the simpliest things are the most fun for kids, like my son can enjoy making something out of a cardboardbox and playing with it for hours on end (like last week he made a car out of it with pedals, key and all) Happy WOYWW Vicky #17

Felicia said...

Jo, how creative are those "knockers?" Never seen those before, but I don't get out much! LOLOL I LOVE, LOVE the inchies you made for Maxx!! You two are just the most talented duo!! What a blessing for sure! I hope you have a great day with Ben and a great rest of the week! Blessings, Felicia #41

Helen said...

before I started reading, i thought that looks like a boob, so you must be doing something right!! fab idea. Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You sure do find some interesting things to knit, what next I ask myself Lol! Lovely little pendants. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x 23

Unknown said...

The knitted boobies are brilliant! I love those little pendants too. It doesn't get better than knitting for a cause. Happy Wednesday! Sandy Leigh #44

Diana Taylor said...

The little pendants are totally gorgeous - what a brilliant idea - I'm sure they'll be hugely popular! And I get the whole thing of breast cancer survivors using the boobs but I don't get how they help with breast feeding - anyway, if they help then that's fantastic and very worthwhile too. Hope you have a great rest of the week - as usual I'm days behind everyone else!
Diana #19

dmgarafalo said...

OMG how do you do that tiny work - They are darling! donna #16

ToadilyDiane said...

Love your knitting. Those necklaces are beautiful.
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #18

okienurse said...

knitting knockers…interesting. I have heard people complain about how heavy the regular prosthesis is so this would be a great alternative. Love the inchie pendants. Have fun with Ben. THanks for visiting my desk this week. Vickie