Wednesday 3 February 2016

WOYWW - fancy a bit of twiddling?

I try to join in with WOYWW each week but some weeks (like last week) fly by leaving me wondering where the time went!
I know what I did in any spare moments - I made 24 little spaceman tabards in silver spandex with planets on the front! They were fab and I got them all parcelled up and handed over, then realised that I hadn't taken a photo of any of them!! All that work and nothing to show for them!
So, this week I am definitely going to show you what I have been up to...

While the men were out at footie we "ladies" knitted twiddle mitts.
If you would like to know more then click this link here.
We are making ours for a local charity in Ludlow.

Here is Annie modelling an alternative use...
Note the little bobble which we thought looked like a little nose.
We had quite a giggle thinking of items that we could attach to be twiddled!

This is the one I finished this morning.


I have loads of chunky wool oddments so I will probably make a few more - as I always say.. knitting stops me from falling asleep when tv gets a bit tedious.

My table is loaded with bits and bobs.

I have made a couple of Katie Morag skirts. They were very popular for World Book Day dressing up costumes last year. I will put them on ebay again, I think.

We have Ben here today and he has just woken from his afternoon nap so I am off to do nanny duties and have fun singing and reading stories. He is a happy little chap!

Thanks for dropping in - have a great week.

x Jo


20 comments:

Annie said...

Your twiddle is bigger than I thought ;-) love it . Mine will get finished when I get a spare minute :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

That twiddle mitt seems like something I could use for my twitchy ever moving fingers..lol. Thanks for sharing! Shel C #47

Inside the artists shed said...

Great to see you doing a Twiddlemuff as I know them. They are great for dementia patients. Mum-in-law has dementia but thankfully not at the twiddlemuff stage yet - yours looks lovely and I'm sure will be appreciated x Jackie 22

shazsilverwolf said...

I was wondering what twiddlemits were, thanks to Jackies comment I understand now. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #20 xx

Laura said...

I've just been and read up on them and what a great 'thing' to make.
Happy Wednesday
Laura
52

Unknown said...

I'm keeping this short because that twiddle mitt is the cutest thing I've ever seen and I must go click on your link now to find out how to make one. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #44

Robyn said...

I always find your twiddling inspiring! thought of you when I was gifted with fabric ATCS- must use more fabric!
Robyn 58

trisha too said...

What a pretty twiddle! You are always so productive, it makes me feel quite inspired to visit your desk.

Have fun with nanny duties, that sounds like a lovely way to spend the day!

Happy WOYWW to you,
:)trisha too
#49 this week

Helen said...

you two!! such a wicked sense of humour... happy twiddling. Helen #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I know it's for a good cause, but the term Twiddlemuff just makes me snigger (a bit like adult colouring books...) and I bet you two came up with some alternative suggestions for attachments all right!!!! The photo of Annie made me smile...nutters, the pair of you :-D
Hugs, LLJ 17 xxx

Sharon said...

You have me intrigued - spaceman tabards in silver spandex with planets on the front. I'm trying to imagine what they look like! I like the twiddle mitts - what a great idea for a great cause!

Sharon K #45

Julia Dunnit said...

The Spaceman tabard job sounds like quite an undertaking I must say! No wonder you weren't here last week. How wonderful that you're squeezing in time for twiddle muffs as well, really you're a gem.

Diana Taylor said...

I think the twiddle mitts are a great idea - my mum had Alzheimers and one of those would have been wonderful for her as she fidgeted such a lot. I couldn't get your link to work but am definitely going to google it and try and find a charity local to me that might want some. Thanks for the idea, have a great week and keep up the twiddling!
Diana #23

Anne said...

hello Jo and thanks for visiting . I tried several times last night to visit you but internet was not playing nicely. Twiddlemitts are great - love the idea. Great photo of Annie ;-) Anne x #19

Neet said...

Not a clue what it is but I love your twiddle mitt. Off to follow the link.
Thanks for sharing and so glad you did.
Hugs, Neet (who has a poorly leg - District Nurse just been this afternoon to dress it) 34 xx

Lynn Holland said...

Hi Jo
What a wonderful expression "twiddle mitts". I need to go and explore that one as I'm sure my crafty ladies will be interested.
Thanks for showing us.
Lynn xx 10

JoZart Designs said...

What a great idea to keep folk happy! There you go again doing your wonders!
Love Jo x

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks for your comment Jo. You may well make a better job than me of the plastic zip pouches as I was just winging it and tried two sizes. If you have a Home Bargain shop the bags are cheap there. They are difficult to sew the plastic as it slides but I pinned it to the lining with wadding behind, and sewed a strip of fabric down the middle tucking in each end of the strip. I would be interested to hear how you get on and you may well improve it for me!!!
Jo x

Kelly said...

Good morning. A bit late getting 'round to everyone but am loving seeing what you are up to. I love the banner on your page. So relaxing. Thanks for sharing your projects. Creative Blessings! Kelly #43

Hettie said...

I can just imagine the fun you two were having with the twiddling and am guessing there were some rude gigglings on there!!
Hugs
xx