Friday 12 February 2010

Waste not want not - upcycled sweater creations!

I still have a stash of felted sweaters that need upcycling. They sit in a bag for life and occasionally call to me from the corner of my sewing room!

Today was one of those days.

So out came the pale turquoise, embroidered sweater by Jackpot.

I have already made a little lined bag using one of the sleeves.

Today I used a little of the other sleeve to make a phone cosy.

Wipso said her phone is not out of use long enough to need a cosy but some folk like to pop their phone/camera or ipod into a little pouch when carrying it round.







So with a bit of ingenuity, I made a little cosy using the cuff from the sleeve for a turn over top.



Its lined with bright pink cotton fabric and looks rather cute, I think.

Then, of course there was just enough left to make a little heart-shaped "dumfling".







Its now a little brooch, embellished with silk, wool and beads.








Now I was on a roll, so out came a scrap from the tweedy blue/grey sweater that I had used for another bag, now in the blog shop. I dumfed an oblong piece with silk and wool and then beaded it up.





How's that for upcycling?
I will probably pop them in the blog shop later - if Wipso will allow it!!!

8 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

You are an endless source of inspiration. Now I just need to start following you lead and DOING. Oh, well. Not for a while yet but I will happily follow along to the tune of your pipe.

Annie said...

You dont normally ask or need permission Twig. Really love all youve made and im sure someone will want to buy them so get them in the shop asap :-) A x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Luv your dumflings Twiglet ;)
Anne x

GerryART said...

Very nice.
Maybe I had better take a look at my sweaters to see which should be 'up-cycled'
thanks for the inspiration
hugs,
Gerry

UK lass in US said...

It looks great. When I join the modern world and buy a cell phone, I want a cosy like that for it.

tammykingdon said...

They look great - i-phone covers are really current as these phones are easily damaged and as a result stop working.

Felted House said...

I love the phone cosy, although I'm like Wipso with my phone too! xx

Julia Dunnit said...

You are so modest - a 'little ingenuity'...a shed full if you ask me! great idea..specially for al those iphone junkies..those screeens need protection people!